Low impact activity is exercise that puts minimal pressure on the joints in your hips, knees or ankles. If you are struggling with your weight, this type of activity is perfect for you, especially during medical weight loss*. Low impact activity gets your heart rate up without causing too much stress on your body. It can be relaxing at low intensities and beneficial towards your overall weight loss* goals.
Types of Low Impact Activity for Weight Loss*
- Cycling. Cycling can be done at your own pace and can be a very relaxing activity. You’re sitting down so you don’t have to worry about added pressure on your ankles or knees.
- Walking. A simple walk can get your heart rate pumping without leaving you sore and exhausted. Walks are calming and like cycling, can be done at your own pace.
- Yoga. Yoga is a great form of cardio that is gentle and also relaxing.
- Water aerobics. Swimming and other activities that can be done in the pool are great because it can increase flexibility and increase muscle mass.
Benefits of Low Impact Activities for Weight Loss*
Low impact activities like the ones listed above have many benefits, including:
- Reduced risk of injury
- Increased cardiovascular strength
- Weight loss*
- Increased muscular strength
- Offers a relaxing yet beneficial workout
If you are struggling with obesity or are overweight, low impact activity is a great way to get moving. You don’t want to jump into anything too strenuous because you don’t want to put yourself at an increased risk for injury. But it is important to begin incorporating exercise into your routine. With medical weight loss*, you’ll be taking positive steps to working towards weight loss* goals, but it is up to you to make the appropriate lifestyle changes. Low impact activities provide you with the exercise you need, and can be both relaxing and beneficial to your wellness goals.