Semaglutide | The New Weight Loss “Game Changer”
FDA Approved Weekly Injection
- Non-stimulant – Safe for patients with cardiovascular disease
- Non-addictive, not a controlled substance
- Reduces appetite and food cravings while increasing feeling of fullness
- Lowers weight, waist size, blood pressure, blood sugar, and inflammation
- Majority of patients had at least 15% weight loss, with many losing more than 20%
- Painless, weekly injection into belly fat with a tiny needle
- Newly FDA approved (2021) for weight loss under trademark Wegovy, safely used for diabetes since 2017
- You are NOT a good candidate for semaglutide if you have any of the following: diabetic retinopathy, low blood sugar, decreased kidney function, pancreatitis, medullary thyroid cancer (or a family history of medullary thyroid carcinoma), or multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2.
How it works: Semaglutide for weight loss works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake; it is a powerful appetite suppressant.