Your Initial Learn2Lose Clinic Visit
During your first visit to the Learn2Lose clinic, you will initially meet with one of our bariatric assistants. We will measure your vital signs (pulse, blood pressure, and temperature) and take a blood sample. That sample will be sent to a laboratory and analyzed for basic health markers like blood cholesterol, sugar levels, thyroid, kidney and liver function.
A computerized weight and body composition analysis will be performed and your BMI is calculated. These measurements are taken so that we can better understand your weight-related health risks and help you track your progress through your custom weight loss program.
We may also perform an electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG), if such a test is indicated by your health history. An EKG provides extra information about your heart which helps us to carefully choose the safest treatment options for you. During this visit we will also take your photo. Most of our patients enjoy comparing that photo with ones taken later in their weight loss program. It can be a very rewarding comparison.
Your Initial Learn2Lose Clinic Visit:
- Our medical assistant will take your vital signs
- We will conduct a computerized weight and body composition analysis
- We will calculate your BMI and take your body measurements
- We will take a blood sample to determine your overall health and physiological function
- Please do not eat or drink anything (other than plenty of water!) after 10 p.m. on the evening prior to your lab work.
- An EKG will be performed, if indicated, at the doctor’s discretion.
- We will take a photo to document your starting point in the program.
- You will meet with our medical provider for assessment.
- We will review your personal health, family health, and diet histories.
- A medical examination will be performed.
- We will discuss the results of your health and diet histories, your physical exam and EKG.
- We will recommend a weight management plan and develop a diet and activity schedule
- You will participate in a 20-30 minute presentation where you will learn about nutrition and the weight loss program. We will also review the common treatments utilized in this program.
- You will schedule a follow up appointment
This visit includes a 20-30 minute educational presentation. As this requires an environment with minimal distraction, we can not allow children to be present for these visits. Only patients and their legal guardians are permitted in the treatment area. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
*Please be sure to avoid wearing any body lotion on the day of your first visit or this will make the EKG very difficult to perform. Please do not eat or drink anything (other than water) after 10 p.m. on the evening prior to your lab work or within 4 hours of afternoon appointments. You should take your prescribed medications as directed.