50-150 Pounds to lose?
Health for Life Program
If you are carrying around 50 or more pounds of excess weight, your BMI is probably 30 or more, which is considered obese. You may have even considered weight loss surgery. Bariatric (medical weight management) experts like Dr. Croland know that carrying this amount of excess weight puts people at risk for a number of potentially serious health conditions. The higher your BMI rises above 30, the greater are your health risks. A full, or partial meal replacement diet program can help you bring down your weight and reduce health risks more quickly and safely than you could while simply following a low-calorie foods diet.
Many of our patients have avoided weight loss surgery with our comprehensive medical weight loss programs.
By identifying and treating the various possible medical abnormalities that can perpetuate obesity, such as pre-diabetes & hormone resistance / metabolic syndrome, PCOS, thyroid abnormalities, hormonal deficiencies / imbalance and nutritional deficiencies, Dr. Croland can help you get healthier and achieve excellent weight loss results without undergoing weight loss surgery.
With a 16-24 week commitment we can help you reach towards your weight loss goals and achieve better health.
What Options are Available with The Learn2Lose Health for Life Program?
- A comprehensive consultation during which we will review your health, dietary habits and weight loss history, and present you with a customized weight loss plan based on this information.
- To take an electrocardiogram, when indicated depending on your health status and age. This is a simple test to help us determine if certain treatments are safe for you.
- Laboratory work to access your overall health status and give Dr. Croland insight into your health factors like your blood cholesterol, blood sugar (glucose), blood triglycerides (a type of fat) levels and thyroid function.
- An easy to follow 800-1200 calorie per day diet plan.
- Instructions for following a partial or full-meal replacement diet program or for combining high-quality, protein- and nutrient-rich meal replacement shakes and weight loss bars with one low-calorie meal each day.
- A 30 minute nutrition class will teach you how to eat to maintain your healthier weight beyond the “diet” phase.
- Lipotropic injections to help optimize your body’s ability to metabolize stored body fat*.
- Other optional treatments and injections to help improve the hormonal imbalances that can contribute to obesity*.
- B-12 injections to improve cellular function and fat metabolism.
- Appetite suppressants, if necessary and we determine it is safe for you to use these medications.
- Weekly weigh-ins with our Bariatric Assistant to maintain accountability and motivation and to receive any prescribed injections.
- A medical follow up every 4 weeks to monitor your progress, ensure you are losing weight safely and to refill any prescribed medications.
Considering weight loss surgery? Try the Learn2Lose Health For Life Program First!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This literature is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. This information is for educational purposes only.