Holiday Weight Management Tips
Here are our top 5 holiday weight management tips to help you stay on track during the holidays.
- Grab a health snack first! If you’re eating out, going shopping or going to a party, grab a healthy snack first, like a Learn2Lose protein bar. Why? Hunger is a slippery slope on which it’s really hard to balance. The scene is pretty familiar: you’re finished and you’re waiting for a meal at a restaurant; you’re at a party or shopping for food. What happens? You eat a basket of rolls, gobble up the hors d’ouvres, grab whatever fast food is handy, or buy more food at the market than you really need. Plan your day so you eat before you shop and stow a healthy protein bar in your bag. Healthy snacks also include seasonal fruit like apples and pears, vegetables like carrots, radishes, or broccoli florets, a handful of almonds, or some plain low-fat yogurt with fruit.
- Stick to your exercise routine. Between holiday shopping and more parties than you can possibly squeeze onto a calendar, it’s easy to skip your exercise routine to fit more in – but try not to. By sticking to your plan, you will keep your health as your first priority. Staying healthy and active will also help you manage the stress that the holidays are sure to bring.
- Think “HYDRATION.” Drink 80 to 100 ounces of water a day. Keep water handy at all times, especially when you’re shopping. It prevents dehydration. Drinking water can help stave off cravings if they grab you at the wrong moment. Water is necessary for helping the body lose fat as well as for general overall health.
- Be the “Hostest with the Mostest.” Parties don’t have to derail your plans to make this the healthiest holiday season ever. There’s a cornucopia of nutritious foods that together create a dazzling buffet that feasts the eyes and the palate. The beauty of these foods is that they don’t require added sugar, butter, or cream to please. Healthy eating with all natural foods has become trendy and fashionable. Raw or dry-roasted almonds or pumpkin seeds for appetizers added minerals like zinc and magnesium. Apples, pears, and pomegranates can make a dramatic centerpiece.
- Get support. We know that losing weight and keeping it off is extremely challenging, but not everyone understands and not everyone will be a positive influence. By identifying a few reliable supports ahead of time, you will know you have someone you can always turn to whether it’s to help get you motivated or to help you stay on track. Stay close to those positive supports so you can give and receive the gift of good health.
We hope you find these holiday weight management tips useful. We are here to help! Learn more about our Learn2Lose Weight Loss Programs here.
Leave A Comment