Exercise Tips for Weight Loss
During your medical weight loss program in Charlotte North Carolina you will be focusing on making positive lifestyle changes that will be beneficial for your weight loss journey. Although dietary changes will be key, you will also need to focus on finding an exercise program that you can incorporate into your new routine. Here are a few exercise tips for weight loss to enhance your weight loss program.
- Focus on all aspects of your body. The most important tip for any exercise program is to be sure that you include exercises that build strength, endurance and flexibility.
- Start with a goal. Before starting an exercise routine, it is helpful to set a goal for yourself. Maybe you want to complete a 5K walk or run. You can begin with just one short-term goal or you can have a long-term goal with several short-term “markers” that help you reach that long-term goal. You can chart your progress to help keep you moving forward.
- Mix it up. Change your routine around from time to time. One way to accomplish this is to make a list of physical activities you like to do. Be sure to include activities that include all three types of exercise: endurance, flexibility and strength. When you start to lose motivation or get bored with an activity, chose another one.
- Don’t do it alone. Create a support system. One option is to find an exercise buddy. People tend to stick to an exercise routine better when they have someone to work out with. If that is not possible, find family or friends that will help encourage you and share in the progress you are making.
- Stay consistent. If possible, make your exercise program part of your daily routine. For example, you can complete flexibility and strengthening exercises on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday while working on endurance on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This allows you to have a daily exercise routine with the flexibility to change activities when you become bored with the current activity or when you lose motivation.
Maintaining an exercise program can be a challenge. During your medical weight loss program, your doctor will work with you to determine what sort of exercise routine will work best for you. Make sure your exercise routine is something that you enjoy so that you will stay motivated during your weight loss journey. Some fun exercises to consider include:
- Exercising at home
Be sure to consult with your weight loss doctor before attempting any new activities. You want to make sure that you are not going to try anything that could lead to a possible injury. For more exercise tips for weight loss, please check out our other blogs.
Leave A Comment